1. What does the E4S OriginAll Luxury Transparency and Traceability Index measure?
The E4S OriginAll Luxury Transparency and Traceability Index, aka THE INDEX, is the world's first index measuring how effectively luxury brands use technological means to increase transparency and traceability in ways that create stakeholder value and influence consumer perception of luxury brands, with the ultimate goal of establishing key bench-marks and creating industry leading best practices.
2. Who are the partners behind this project?
The project is a public-private-partnership between Enterprise for Society Center (E4S), the joint venture of the University of Lausanne with HEC Lausanne, IMD and EPFL, as well as backed by the Swiss Center for Luxury Research (SCLR) and tech company OriginAll SA.
The Enterprise for Society Center (E4S) is a joint venture of the University of Lausanne with HEC Lausanne, IMD and EPFL, under the stewardship of its College of Management of Technology, with the mission of spearheading the transition towards a more resilient, sustainable, and inclusive economy. E4S is dedicated to train the next generation of leaders, inspire economic and social transformation, and activate change by strengthening start-ups and boosting innovation.
UNIL-HEC: Since 1911, HEC Lausanne has been training future executives and business leaders to become active players in the world of business and economics. HEC Lausanne also prepares students who wish to pursue an academic career. HEC is the department of economics of the University of Lausanne.
IMD is an independent business school, with Swiss roots and global reach, expert in developing leaders and transforming organizations to create ongoing impact.
IMD has ranked #1 in the world for Open programs for the 9th consecutive year (2020 Financial Times Executive Education Rankings)
EPFL: The École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is a public research university located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It specializes in natural sciences and engineering. It is one of the two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, with three main missions: education, research and innovation.
The Swiss Center for Luxury Research (SCLR) unites luxury researchers and experts from top academic institutions in Switzerland to build a hub for thought leadership on the future of luxury management. It is based in Lausanne, Switzerland at the University of Lausanne (HEC).
Founded in Switzerland by product security and traceability experts, OriginAll SA, is a tech company providing solutions for stakeholders to access in-depth product data. Every product has its origin, history and heritage - the combined knowledge about them empowers people to make better, safer choices.
3. What is the significance of THE INDEX? What is its unique value-add to the notions of transparency and traceability across luxury?
THE INDEX is a powerful tool that will facilitate Brands, Technology Providers and Contributors to share their commitment, efforts, and best practices towards transparency. The output will give a holistic mapping of implemented initiatives and technology solutions, by analytics based on self-assessments - concerning UN SDGs, significant keywords and Industry-relevant frameworks, in a structured & transparent manner.
As a meta-portal, with a consumer-centric core, THE INDEX aims to become the "portal of choice & reference" for consumers and business stakeholders alike. THE INDEX sources its data directly from luxury brands, to uphold and preserve the notions of authenticity and transparency in luxury industries.
4. How can my company / organization sign-up for inclusion in the Index?
Step 1: Sign-up and follow the instructions
Step 2: Account validation
Once your registration is approved, you will be granted access to submit your information to the Index.
5. Why should I join ?
- Proactive risk management stemming from ESG issues
- Develop a better understanding of the transparency and traceability technology landscape
- Future-proof business success through active disclosures and communication of your environmental, social and governmental (ESG) goals
- Facilitate forward-thinking best practices to enhance brand value & reputation and create competitive advantage
- Gain insights into business and maximize positive impact
- Gain more insight on the luxury industry transparency eco-system
- Actively support an academic Public-Private-Partnership
6. My company is deliberating on joining THE INDEX, could you still share some information with me?
You can send us your questions and concerns at anytime. We will be happy to get in touch with you: email@example.com
7. Do you charge fees for inclusion in THE INDEX?
The first edition of THE INDEX is fully funded by academia.
In Year 2, in addition to academic and sponsor support, we are requesting a yearly contribution from the following stakeholders:
- Technology providers: CHF 2'000.-
- Contributors: CHF 1'000.-
This will allow for a sustainable future for THE INDEX as well as ensure its continued neutrality. Brands will have the opportunity to contribute in the near future by purchasing data reports.
* We are truly thankful for this support (pricing is subject to change at any time).
8. Is THE INDEX open to organizations / companies worldwide?
Yes, THE INDEX is open to all organizations / companies worldwide.
Based on its nature, organizations / companies may signup as:
9. When will THE INDEX be launched?
The first edition of THE INDEX is foreseen to be launched by end of Q1 2023. The platform will be continually updated throughout its lifespan, offering a dynamic and relevant source of data.
10. I need to make changes to the information I submitted to THE INDEX. How do I go about this?
Please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Will Brands or Technology providers be ranked as an outcome of THE INDEX?
THE INDEX is an academia backed, non-for-profit, neutral, tech agnostic and consumer-centric platform.
This first edition will serve to map out the current landscape of initiatives and solutions available and deployed. No ranking will be provided yet.
Download our Brand brochure here.
Download our Tech provider brochure here.
12. Who are defined as Contributors to THE INDEX?
Contributors are organizations or institutions (academic, NGO, consulting, etc) that can provide direct or indirect content on traceability and transparency initiatives that can support or impact the luxury industries.
Download our Contributor brochure here.
13. How can you extend support to THE INDEX as a Sponsor?
By supporting an industry leading non-for-profit initiative, your contribution will ensure that the integrity, transparency and neutrality of THE INDEX is never compromised including during the scale-up phase, thereby ensuring a positive growth impact.
For more information on the benefits of becoming a Sponsor, please contact email@example.com
14. What are the Sponsor benefits?
- Promote your association and support a sustainably responsible academic-led project
- Extensive speaking opportunities at our events
- Access to THE INDEX stakeholders
- Continuous exposure on our platforms, social media channels and other media outlets.
- Opportunity to join our Advisory Board
- Publish a transparency use case on THE INDEX platform